Friday, January 06, 2012

January 6, 2012 Still in Red Bay, Alabama

We waited all day in hopes of being called into the service bay to have our cruise control problem taken care of but it just did not happen. So--- that means we will be spending the weekend here in Red Bay. Tom checked in several times today and found out that the unit being worked on apparently had some serious electrical problems that the techs were having difficulty solving. But we are assured that we are next on the list.
Today was a partly cloudy day with temps in the 60's.
Tom gave me a Kindle e-reader last year for Christmas. With all this free time I have been catching up on my 20 plus books on the Kindle. I've accumulated (and continue to accumulate) most of these books by purchasing Amazon's Daily deal- each day a Kindle book is offered for sale for $.99 to $1.99. These are not the latest best sellers but I have found some interesting reads none the less. I just finished reading "God's Little Acre" a book written in the 1930's that was considered scandulous at the time. It was made into a movie in the 1950's and I did see the movie but did not remember much about it. Now I am reading a book "On Gold Mountain" that is about Chinese immigrants to the United States.