Monday, March 12, 2007

Rained Out Golf, Lunch At Rudy's BBQ & Napolitas

I went golfing this morning with 3 friends from the RV park. We got to the 5th hole and saw lighting and heard thunder a second or two later. We picked up our golf balls and headed for the club house. It was raining buckets by the time we got there. The course issued rain checks for those who did not want to wait the rain out. I was happy because I was not hitting my middle irons very good today.


When I got back to the motorhome, Leah had company, so we visited for a while.


After our company left, we decided to go out for a bite of lunch, cash in a big six dollar winning lottery ticket and pickup a few items from the grocery store.


We decided to go to Rudy's BBQ for lunch. ( I know, so many places to choose from and so little time to do it.) We have been there before and had excellent brisket sandwiches! Today, Leah and I chose the BBQed turkey. What a good choice that was. The turkey was hot and juicy and loaded with flavor.







With full bellies we left Rudy's and made our way to the H.E.B. food store.

At the food store I saw a package of Napolitas and decided to buy it. Napolitas are Prickly Pear Cactus. The thorns are removed and the peddles are chopped up like green peppers.


Leah ask me what in the world was I going to do with them. I told her I did not know, but had seen them sold everywhere and would check the internet for ways to fix them. I asked the check out person if she knew how to prepare them. She said to boil them for about 10-15 minutes and then fry them with onions and tomatoes. I figured they were not expensive and would be worth a try. Leah being the trouper that she is jumped right in and fixed the napolitas with onions and tomatoes. She also prepared some beans and rice over which the napolitas were served. Not bad...