Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Another Repair for Water Ingestion

After returning from a morning walk at the park, I removed my air filter to check the water damage. The air filter was sopping wet. I sat it out in the sun to dry out. Deciding the first solution to fix the water ingestion was not working, a second option needed to be sought.

I went to a local Ford dealer and ordered the second solution to prevent sucking water into the engine. The cost of the parts was $82.00, ouch. As normal, the dealer did not have the parts in stock and had to sent to Houston for them. I ordered the parts and paid for them.

Two days later I got a call the parts were in. I went to the dealer to pickup the parts. The counter guy went to the stock room to get the parts for me. 15 minutes later he returned and said he was unable to locate one of the two parts that were shipped and received. He would have to order the missing part from Houston again. Two more days passed and at long last I had all of the parts needed to make the air intake modification.

We are not going to go back to Maryland until the end of March, so it will be a while before I can test the new change. Here's hoping it works.