Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Monday, September 16, 2013- Myrtle Beach

A few days have passed since I last posted a blog so I will attempt to catch up.  On Wednesday (9/11) we loaded up the grandkids and their "stuff" and drove a little more than 200 miles north where we met up with Todd ( their dad, our son).
From 2013-09-11
From 2013-09-11
 After eating lunch at Cracker Barrel the kids continued on north to their home with their dad and we returned to Myrtle Beach.  We did return in time to go out to dinner at P.F. Chang's with the gang here.  A nice dinner with adult conversation- how refreshing after 10 days of being with little ones.
Thursday, Tom and I attended to errands- car washing, a haircut for me, WalMart shopping and then a lunch at Gordon Biersch brewery in the Market Commons.
 Friday, Tom went golfing with Bill Fordham, Jeff Albert, and Ed Perry.  Woody and Linda Woodruff took Anni Albert, Barb Perry and me along on a shopping trip to a flea market and pottery store.  A round cake pan  for to use in the micro/convection oven and a small electric chopper to replace one at home were my purchases.  Unfortunately, the cake pan was to large (14-inch) but Tom and I returned the pan and got a 12-inch that was the perfect fit for the oven.  In the evening Tom and I drove to Murrell's Inlet having dinner at Dirty Dog Saloon- beautiful evening for having dinner on an outside dining area.  Before leaving the area we walked out on a pier.
Saturday, Tom and I drove around Myrtle Beach.  We are planning to be down here in November in a timeshare unit and wanted to see just where that was located.  We then had lunch at Fiesta Mexicana.
Sunday, we spent here at the campground.  We like to walk on the beach in the morning which we did.  It had been hot here until Saturday when the temperature cooled down to lower 80's during the day and upper 60's at night.  I brought a piece of pork to make pulled pork along and had suggested to have a pot luck dinner on Sunday with the pork being the main course.  So about 6pm we assembled, ate and then sat around enjoying one another's company.
Today, Monday, Tom again has gone golfing with the guys.  I have spent the morning reading.  We have had a little shower of rain this morning.  This is the first rain that we've had since we've been down here.  I received a text message from Todd about a shooting at the Navy Yard in Washington this morning.  When I started to write this blog talking about Wednesday, September 11 memories of the events on that date in 2001 came to mind and then I hear of another incident today.  At lunchtime Rita Fordham, Judy Rush, Anni Albert and I went out to lunch at Toffino's Bakery and Deli.  We had lunches of sandwiches and then bought pastries to take "home".  I had bought a Napolean which I shared with Tom in the evening which was very good.