Tuesday, January 01, 2008

First Post of 2008

Well, as readers of this blog knows there have not been any posting for several months. We have taken several local trips since the motorhome was fixed. I am happy to report there have not been any problems.

This Winter we were hoping to go to Az., but sometimes things don't go as planned. The Sunday after Thanksgiving our sister-in-law had a stroke. This means that my brother-in-law will have his hands full with her health care and will not be able to also look after my wife's mother. As result, it appears that we will be spending the Winter at home.

I talked with my sister several days ago and she told me that my mother is under hospice care and they are not holding out much hope for her to last thru January. We have been in a quandary as to what to do with the dog when we make the trip to Ohio for my mother. If it was not Winter, it would be a "no brainer," we would drive the motorhome.

This is a trip that I am not looking forward to, but one that we all make sooner or later.