Saturday, March 07, 2009

Has spring sprung??

What a beautiful day it is at 70 plus degrees warm and bright sunshine. It's hard to think that just this past Monday we were having a significant snow fall. The one good thing about a snowfall in March is that it usually does not lay on the ground for long.
The past several months have certainly been a memorable period in our lives. It will be 10 weeks this coming Tuesday since I had my open-heart surgery to repair my mitrial valve. I feel that I'm doing very well. I have been going to cardiac rehab three days a week for about a month and will continue for a total of 36 visits. It is a well run program that puts one through the paces. Once I have completed my time there I plan to continue a similar exercise regime on my own at the local senior center. On the off days from cardiac rehab I have resumed walking the 2 mile circuit with Tom and Travis.
My brother and I have been busy with the settlement of Mom's estate. Her house has been turned over to a realtor to get it sold. We have taken a great deal of her household goods to a auction house to be sold. And some things we have distributed among the family.
We're beginning to make plans to get back on the road again. Our first outing will be a weekend Travelling American's campout the first weekend of April. If all goes well we will be out in the Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana area this summer. Michigan is a wonderful summer area, the areas around the lakes are just beautiful and temperatures are in our comfort zone.
Of course, we plan to be home for the arrival of our new grandchild in August which we are real excited about. After 10 years it will be great having a new family member.